Saturday, April 14, 2007

Honoring the Lord through food and holidays part 2

Well, as I was saying, I celebrate the Lord's holidays instead of traditional Christian ones. This is because the Lord has laid it on my heart for me to do so. What I have to remember is that just because He laid this on my heart, it doesn't mean I should tell others they must celebrate like I do. You see, this is not a salvational issue and doing so could cause a fellow believer to lose faith.


Rom 14:16 Then do not let your good be spoken evil of,
Rom 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
I think that many Christians either never knew about these versus, or never paid any mind to them. For I have seen many 'fights' and arguments about what to eat, kind of bible to read, songs to sing in church, etc... This is just silly and not very Christian like. If you are kosher and do so to please the Lord, then keep being kosher. If you are not kosher, and the Lord has not convicted you to become kosher, then don't become kosher.


Rom 14:23 But the one doubting, if he eats, he has been condemned, because it is not of faith; and whatever is not of faith is sin. That is right, if you do anything not of faith it is sin. So, making a person conform to your standards of what a Christian is to eat, read, celebrate, etc... is causing them to sin. For example, my church did a 'Resurrection Egg Hunt' at the local park. They were doing it in their hearts to honor the Lord. I didn't get involved, because in my heart doing so would have been sin. I didn't tell my pastor he was wrong, and he didn't tell me I was wrong(and neither did anyone involved). Btw, no one was in the wrong. This is because it was a faith issue.

No comments: