Thursday, April 5, 2007

denominations

There was a time that I concidered my denomination an important and necessary part of my faith. In fact it was more important than my walk w/ Christ. I would say that I am a_______ instead of saying I'm a Christian. Even when I went to other denominations, my denomination was what I was.

This even went into my adult life. Instead of looking for a church that taught the Word of the Lord as truth, I looked for a church that was my denomination. I did not matter if what they taught was in compliance w/ the bible or not. Only thing that mattered was the denomination.

Well, years have passed and the Lord has been patient and kind towards me. He lead me to a church that if I knew it's denomation I would not have attended. This church really ministered to me and I'm a member. The Lord allowed me to this this church was non-denominational to open my heart. I started to learn that it doesn't matter about the denomination, but what is taught.

God also opened my heart to what a church really is. It is not a building or a denomination. The true church is the body of believers gathered together in one accord in the will of God. In the body, we are the same. None is better or worse.

No comments: